Water damage is one of the most stressful but common problems homeowners face. Whether it is caused by a busted pipe or extreme weather, this unfortunate event can happen to even the best-constructed Point Washington home. However, filing an insurance claim doesn’t have to be stressful. Noble Public Adjusting Group can help. We will visit your home, inspect the water damage and provide an estimate for repairs, file your insurance claim, handle getting a water restoration specialist in the Point Washington area that we have personally vetted to take care of cleanup and make sure you get a fair settlement from your insurance company.
To help homeowners in Point Washington know what to do immediately upon the discovery of the water damage to your home, here are a few important tips.
- Immediately document the damage. Take photos, wide-angle shots that show the total extent of the damage. Use close-ups of specifically damaged areas and items that have been damaged. 2. Don’t start cleaning up. You’ll need to make sure the hired adjuster sent out by your insurance provider can see what was damaged and how much in its original location. Do mitigate damage to important items, but do not start the restoration of your property until after the inspection. 3. If the damage is extensive and/or your home is flooded, find a place to stay. Your insurance policy will cover temporary housing, such as a hotel for you and/or your family. 4. Call Noble. We will take over the insurance claim process immediately. Taking pictures, providing a professional estimate of damages, filing your insurance claim, and contacting a restoration specialist in the Point Washington area that we personally check out beforehand.
How to Avoid Having a Water Damage Claim Denied
If you came across this blog post and haven’t yet experienced water damage but are reading this just to be proactive concerning what could happen to your Point Washington home, congratulations on your action. There are proactive steps you can take as a homeowner and policyholder to help assure that when it comes time to file a water damage claim you have done your due diligence.
- Maintain records of repairs and the professionals you have hired over the years to do maintenance. This could be really important in the event of a loss but is a good practice to keep as a homeowner.
- Make sure you understand all the coverages on your policy and have a good understanding of the exclusions, as well as your responsibilities as a homeowner.
- Do regular maintenance of your home to avoid surprises. Small repairs regularly will avoid large expenses.
- Make sure when you purchase your homeowner’s insurance policy that you understand going in what is and is not covered.
- Keep your Point Washington homeowner insurance policy readily accessible. Review and update it at intervals. This will take into account any changes to your home, such as modifications and upgrades. You should also review your homeowner insurance policy when there are changes in you and your family’s financial situation. A review of your policy at intervals will also make sure you are keeping it in tune with any changes in insurance laws and statutes that affect you as a homeowner.
- Stay educated about homeowner insurance, types of insurance claims, and the world of public adjusting by following Noble Public Adjusting Group on Facebook and watching episodes of our reality TV show, Insurance Wars.
Call us today at 850-249-MYPA to discuss your Point Washington water damage. As stated above, once you hire us as your public adjuster, we will handle everything going forward. The fact is that homeowners who use public adjusters end up getting on average 747% more in their insurance settlement than if they had handled it themselves. One more compelling reason to contact Noble today.